Monday, May 31, 2010

Improvement!

This morning, I woke up feeling that my intestines are on the upswing in healing. When I eat too much fiber or meat or residue, if it is starting to block, I get bad cramping. I might also vomit. 3 nights ago I started doing both. The vomiting stopped. Slowly, over a day or so the cramping stopped. But then I am left with the bloating, swelling of the abdomen, intestines and stomach. It also is tender to touch. I have not wanted any pressure from pants, even some of my jammies to be against my middle.

This morning, I woke up knowing I had improved a lot. I am still swollen in my upper small intestines, but I don't feel like someone took a Brillo pad and scrubbed the inside of my bowels. Yes, that's how it felt. The secret to avoiding doing this is to first make good choices, keep track throughout the day on fiber grams, and then post here on my day so if I have an issue, I can go back and see what the problem may be. Why do I get lazy and stop this process until I have problems? I don't know. But I need to be consistent. Today, I plan on eating more. My calories have been too low because I wanted to give my bowels a bit of a break. I probably could use one more day of very low eating but I am hungry and might start making bad choices if I don't eat more soon.

I weighed myself this morning. I guess the tightness of my pants is only because of swelling. I weighed 124.5. I am conflicted about what weight would be the healthiest for me. I know I can't be any bigger because I gain it in my abdomen region. Which is not good for cancer detection. And I am pretty sure if I lose 10 or 15 more pounds, most of it would come off my middle because that's the only place I still have fat. But to maintain 110 to 115 lbs would be much harder and the foods I eat are not low fat, diety type of foods. I guess I will just stick with trying to keep my calories between 1400-1600 and if with more activity, I lose a few more pounds, great! If not, it wasn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment