Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back To Measuring Food

When it comes to dieting, I have been on one for a lot of my adult life. I have easily lost weight eating healthy high-fiber foods like fruits and veggies and whole grains. They are filling and keep the calories down. In other words, you bulk up to bulk down.

I don't need to lose weight now but I do need to keep the weight off. This will be a challenge. I have the added challenge of not being able to eat any of the food that are bulky. I also, and this is most important, need to keep fiber under 8 to 10 grams a day. So over eating calories is very easy. I have a new problem, since this past year my tastes have changed. I have never been a sweet eater. But now I crave sweets. Baked goods, chocolate, sugar, sugar, sugar. It doesn't help that I love to bake.

So here I am measuring my foods carefully. I have been doing well keeping my fiber grams down. But not my calories. Because I am not overly active yet, (although improving everyday), my goal is to keep calories somewhere between 1400-1600. I am not very tall, a little over 5'1" and my goal is to stay between 120-125lbs. So wish me luck keeping this weight off. I try only to weigh myself once a week. I don't want to obsess and lets face it, some days I probably retain 3 lbs of water, so for now, Mondays are weigh in days.



Measuring my breakfast, 3/4 C. Life cereal and 1/2 c. nonfat milk is about 2 grams of fiber. That's about a quarter of the amt. I can have all day. See my dilemma.

Tuesday April 20, 2010

Breakfast

  • Life cereal

  • Milk

  • Coffee with creamer

Lunch

  • 1 egg omelet with a little cheese and onion

  • 1/2 cup homemade juice

  • toast with small amount of butter

  • Lemon cake I had just baked

Dinner

  • 3oz steak

  • 1/2 c Rice

  • 1 deviled egg
  • 1 c. homemade juice
  • Lemon cake (again)

Fiber-5.4 grams Calories-1389 Fat 33.12 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment